Monday, April 4, 2011

Training Time has FADED into Taper TIme


With only 11 days  until
the 2011 race, the 2010 Finish
Line at Copley Square fades fast...
EMAIL I SENT OUT EARLIER THIS WEEK:

Life just won't slow down, will it?  I am having a hard time coming up with something creative for my blog and the time to do it, but there are only so many hours in the day.  However, I easily came up with a list (or three) of the things I can't WAIT to do once the marathon is over! 
I did want to send out an email to my biggest supporters after receiving an email from the Boston Athletic Association titled:
Two weeks to go: Bib Number Pick-up, Wave & Corral Assignments, Getting to Hopkinton, and more...
I stopped in my tracks when I just saw this.  Really??  ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS?  14 Days??  Today marked my 5 year anniversary with my employer, Professional Alternative.   If the next two weeks go by as fast as the 5 years with Profalt have...then OH BOY I better get on the fundraising!! 
Training update:
Convenient for myself--we are in the TAPER phase of training!  This means reducing weekly and long runs to fully recover and allow my body to rest for the 26.2 miles.   Because of my recent injury, the timing worked out well!  For WHATEVER reason, I have developed an "inflamed" tendon on my left foot!  I have been checked by the doctor, trainers, coaches, etc. and if you check the history of my computer-you can see I have also done alot of GOOGLE research on how to make it better.  Once we collaboratively find a solution beyond RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and NSAIDs, I will be sure to share!  In the meantime, I am taking it one day at a time!
I will do my best to get to work on my blog!  Volunteers are welcome to help me out here!!
The DAY OF events are still being finalized, but it will end with an open food and drink invitation (hopefully on our roofdeck) for anyone coming to town! 
Thank you again for all of your continued support to an amazing organization!!!  Please feel free to pass on my fundraising link to anyone interested in supporting the future of Mass Eye and Ear!
I will be in touch soon!
xoxo,

Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment