Friday, March 25, 2011

Virginia is for LOVERS and RUNNERS!


Terms from a Runner’s Glossary:

Carbo-loading The dietary practice of eating (and drinking??) a high carbohydrate diet (approximately 60-70% of total calories) for the three days leading up to a race to maximally fill the glycogen stores
***This was my first time to a Carrabbas.  I highly suggest the Pasta Sostanza, 
Tagliarini with sautéed mushrooms, artichoke hearts and spinach
in tomato basil sauce topped with seasoned breadcrumbs.  


ClimaCool® A high-performance mesh material used in athletic apparel for its ventilation, moisture wicking properties and quick dry time; brand name of Adidas®
***Since it was a “SHAMROCK” themed race, it was only appropriate to wear GREEN.  Lucky for me, the 2011 Boston Marathon ClimaCool Supernova Tee is GREEN this year!  It was the perfect 

Endorphins Chemicals in the brain which create a feeling of euphoria; said to be the cause of the "runner's high"
***My Endorphins didn’t level off until a few days after the Yuengling Half-Marathon!





Half-marathon 13.1 miles; 21.1K

Kick A finishing sprint at the end of a race

Negative Splits Running the second half of a race faster than the first half  
***For a visual of my SLIGHT Negative Split and Kick in my race http://connect.garmin.com/player/74474303








PR Personal Record









SUB 2 Hours Completing a race in less than 2 hours
***Two of my achievements from last weekend when I ran in the Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon!!!!



I loved everything about this race: the location, the swag, the volunteers, the post-race party with unlimited beer on the beach, the sand sculptures, and the list goes on...


 Looking forward to going back next year!  





No comments:

Post a Comment