Sunday, December 12, 2010

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming."


Ok, I know!  It took me a lot longer to get started with all things marathon—training, fundraising, blogging, emailing, stretching, eating, sleeping, running etc.- but I already have a few supporters that already have faith in in me, so no backing out now!?
I was going through my emails from 2008/2009 trying to recall -When did I start training? When did I begin fundraising? Bad news-I am already 2 months behind!!!  Many of you may be thinking, “Well Liz, you already did it, so you know what to expect”.  Yes, but this makes it much extra challenging-especially having to raise over $2,000 more than 2009’s requirement of $3,200! 
Either way, I have made the commitment and will try my best to meet and exceed my goals.  While it would be great to run away from this experience with a marathon PR (Personal Record), my main goal is finding the TIME to train properly and successfully raise 5K (or more), so I can cross the finish line with an injury-free SMILE! 
Before I could get in full swing, SHOPPING had to happen (oh darn!!): sneakers, winter running clothes, protein powders, and more to come!!! It had been well over 6 months since I had purchased new sneakers-to prevent injury, it is suggested you buy a new pair after every 250-300 miles of running.  To give you an idea of how many miles I cover, I will probably buy 3 pairs of sneakers based on my plan:


As you can see, I am pretty booked for the next 5 months. I am hoping to use this blog site as a way to keep you all updated on my thoughts, progress, and much more as I pound pavement toward the finish line on Boylston Street on April 18, 2011.  Please feel free to leave thoughts or comments of encouragement and motivation, because it is ALL OF YOU that will carry me one step (or 26.2 miles of steps) closer to my goal!

***Please do share this site and all related links with any other potential supporters***  

1 comment:

  1. Liz,

    Great blog. Will be following your progress. Go Girl !!!!

    Sree

    ReplyDelete